We are very excited to announce that starting the week of 4/26 r/CryptoCurrency will be one of the first subreddits to test out subreddit specific Prediction Tournaments! These Tournaments will work similarly to how they do in r/Predictor but instead of reddit coins they will utilize tokens specific to our community. These tokens will be evenly distributed to all subscribers in amounts of 1,000 at the start of each Tournament and reset at the end, meaning token balances will not carry over. These tokens are not r/CryptoCurrency Moons and are completely separate from the community points project.
Here is an overview of how Tournaments will be run:
- Tournaments will be held one at a time on a bi-weekly basis and will be composed of multiple prediction polls. Moderators will handle everything from creating polls and selecting correct answers to ending the Tournaments. In the future, we may post weighted polls so the community can vote with their moons to pick from mod-approved Tournament topics.
- Users will be able to choose from a list of options to bet on (with a maximum of six options) and the betting amounts will be 10, 30 or 100. Tokens that are bet are added to the pool for that prediction poll and when the poll is ended the pool is split amongst users who selected the winning option in proportion to their bet amount. Those who bet more receive a proportionately higher sum from the pool, and users who select the losing option will lose the tokens that they bet.
- These tokens are not purchasable/transferrable and you can only use tokens that you've been given or earned during tournament play.
- Each Tournament will have it's own leaderboard, and when it ends your place will be archived in Tournament history. That means when r/CryptoCurrency starts another Tournament, you will be able to start fresh and earn your way to first place in a brand-new leaderboard (Leaderboards will live in a dedicated “Predictions” tab).
The top three users on the Tournament leaderboard will receive the following rewards at the end of each Tournament:
- 1st place: 200 Moons & Ternion (6 months of premium)
- 2nd place: 100 Moons & Argentium (3 months of premium)
- 3rd place: 50 Moons & Platinum (1 month of premium)
Here are some examples of what the UI for r/CryptoCurrency prediction polls will look like:
Betting 100 Tokens
Betting Animation (w/ Prediction Poll Countdown)
We would like to thank the admins for allowing our community to be a part of testing Prediction Tournaments before they are rolled out to more subreddits. Keep your eye out to participate in r/CryptoCurrency's first prediction tournament and let us know your thoughts on this new feature.